Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sunday Morning Birth Control

The Setting:
A lazy Sunday morning. Sarah and I are laying in bed contemplating whether to get up and start the Sabbath morning process. Lizzy, our cute five year old, enters the room and starts rummaging through my side table drawer. I roll over to see her holding up a string of condoms. The following conversation ensues.

Lizzy: What are these?
Me: Umm... Those are condoms.
Lizzy: What are they for?
Me: Umm... Well... We use those if we don't want mommy to get pregnant.

At this point Sarah has perked up to see how this conversation is going to end.

Lizzy: Do you put them on her tummy?
Me: No... Umm...
Lizzy: They're stretchy... I know... I opened one before and put it on my foot.

Lizzy then puts the condoms down and leaves the room. Just another Sunday at the Bisel home.

8 comments:

Cherie said...

Hilarious!

Berrybritt said...

a parents worst nightmare. I am just waiting for that to happen at our house

Ponczoch Family said...

Haha! Love it. You handled the situation so well:)

Z Family said...

Thats really funny and good for you for being honest!

Kristan said...

Oh....this is too funny! You are a great parent - open and honest!

Hydee said...

I'm sorry, hope you don't mind that I leave a comment... stubmled on your site after reading a post on Chad the Chickens site. I read this and am now laughing out loud. As a mother of two young ones I can totally see this conversation happening in my home! Thanks for sharing!

Suzette said...

I love your honesty. That is the best way to be! I am actually looking forward to these conversations, but our five-year-old is not the least bit curious! Unlike her mother who asked every question in the book at that age.

Summertime Designs said...

I realize I am late reading this, but that was hilarious! I am not going to name names, but a sister of mine (who might live in my neighborhood) was right in the middle of "the act" and didn't realize their oldest was just standing there at the foot of the bed watching them for awhile. When he asked what they were doing, the dad said, "This is a special way that daddies kiss mommies." Then the oldest said, "I want to kiss mommy like that!" YIKES!!!