Sunday, August 8, 2010

Family Reunions and Monsoon Creatures

Sarah and the kids spent 3 weeks in Utah this summer and I joined them for the last week. Utah is gorgeous this time of year and we took the opportunity to snap a few shots of the kids.




We spent one morning hiking to Cecret Lake at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Named Cecret Lake by the miners who discovered it and who weren't all that hot at spelling.


Nothing says "Summer" like ice cream!


We had Sarah's family reunion the great little town of Eden, Utah. And we even managed to round everyone up for a photo.



Monsoon season in Tucson brings out the wildlife.
Everything that has been sleeping until the rain comes decides to make it's presence known.
We found this little guy in our backyard. The kids wanted to keep him and take him to school.
We decided their teachers may not appreciate him.


This Arizona Blond Tarantula scared the daylights out of me when I picked up the garbage can and noticed my hand was 2 inches away from him. Tarantulas are nocturnal so I am sure I scared him just as much as he scared me. After I regained my composure I managed to snap a couple pictures, however, this picture was taken by talented neighbor Summer.


1 comment:

Cherie said...

I hope you didn't save the spider for the teachers either...yikes!!